Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Primerica


Ever heard of this company? I have. Here's how.

A couple months ago, my wife got to talking with a guy at work (she works at the ER at Queen's Medical Center). The guy, in addition to his day job as a social worker, was involved with a company called Primerica. He asked my wife if she was interested in help with our finances and if she was interested in making some additional income. Yes and yes to both questions.

Soon thereafter, the guy is at our home in Kaneohe gathering info about our debts for a financial analysis and also giving us a pitch about Primerica. The pitch sounded good to me (and even better to my wife). But I am a cautious and skeptical guy.

My wife ended up signing up with Primerica. She's in the process of learning what's necessary in order to take and pass a licensing test to sell life insurance in Hawaii for Primerica. Out of pocket costs so far $99.

I did some digging on the web for Primerica and found mixed reviews. Some call it a scam. Some call it what it is: Multi Level Marketing (ever heard of Amway?). Some call Primerica a good company with plenty of upside "for those who work hard at it."

Kinda like Amway, the big bucks come not from product sales but from getting folks to buy in to the company and hustle to bring other folks in.

I'll be helping my wife with this venture and will report in about our progress.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are going to do great!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi. I like your blog. I see you have mentioned Primerica Financial Services, the largest financial services marketing organization in North America. From this great site www.pissedconsumer.com I learned that the company operates approximately 100,000 licensed independent representatives. The company provides quality financial products and services, including term life insurance, mutual funds, variable annuities, loans, auto and homeowner’s insurance, long-term care insurance, and legal services to some 6 million clients. .

Anonymous said...

I just began working with primerica and was a skeptic myself. I found alot of "I hate it" and "I love it" kind of stuff. In my search for the truth I found this aticle to be one of the most objective business overviews. Hope it helps http://www.ripoffreport.com/financial-services/rip-off-report-inves/rip-off-report-investigation-9cp7d.htm

Blue Bird said...

The better option you have picked for the financial problems and I hope the life insurance Hawaii will solve the issue clearly.

sitesell.com

For anyone considering creating a website for a work-at-home business, I found this video link while browsing the net. I signed up as an affiliate. Am considering whether to take the full plunge with this company. The results look impressive. Take a look and see what you think.