Monday, December 31, 2007

From CNN.com: 10 jobs that can be done at home

Happy New Year, everyone!

My day job is a teacher. Specifically, I teach English at Leeward Community College. Have done so for the past 17 years. A handful of my colleagues work from home, conducting their classes via the internet. I have been considering doing the same, if not for my entire load of classes (5 per semester) then perhaps just one or two. My wife recently took a class (from UH-West Oahu) via the internet. I saw how her internet classes were conducted and how much she learned, all without having to be sitting in a classroom for an hour, three times a week for sixteen weeks.

So when I came across this article by CNN.com, I thought that other people who had job experience or aspirations in other fields might want to know that at-home opportunities do exist in all kinds of areas.

CNN has also some stories about telecommuting. Worth a look.

No comments:

sitesell.com

For anyone considering creating a website for a work-at-home business, I found this video link while browsing the net. I signed up as an affiliate. Am considering whether to take the full plunge with this company. The results look impressive. Take a look and see what you think.