Tuesday, January 1, 2008

One Way to Get Traffic

I've made a decision to devote my time to a couple or three blogs and making a go with these.

Consequently, I've been spending a lot of time searching around on the web (which is starting to bug my wife) for biz ops and biz ideas. One of the key ingredients to success in business on the web, in addition to keeping our spouses happy and content, is traffic, meaning the number of people who visit our sites/blogs.

A suggestion I come across repeatedly is to write specific, helpful content targeted to the designated readership. And to write a lot! Doing that over and over is the start of a good foundation for a successful blog.

Another path to success is come up with a gimmick that isn't just fluff but that can really help people. And I found one gimmick here, which tells you how much your blog is worth in $$. Now whether what you find there is helpful or not, you make the call, or the click, as it were. What I found myself doing is plugging in blog site URLs into this site to see how much various blogs are worth. Lots of amazing numbers.

For the record, this blog is worth a whopping total of $0.00. Yup, nada. But I hope to persevere and see what happens.

Another blog I maintain, is worth over a grand. :-) I've been working on that one a while longer so there is hope. Again, Happy New Year to all!

No comments:

sitesell.com

For anyone considering creating a website for a work-at-home business, I found this video link while browsing the net. I signed up as an affiliate. Am considering whether to take the full plunge with this company. The results look impressive. Take a look and see what you think.