Saturday, February 16, 2008

Shutterstock.com: Make money from your digital pics

Nowadays, it seems like just about everyone has a digital camera. While that may not be true, just about everyone has a cell phone and most cell phones of today have built-in digital cameras.

And with easy access to these picture taking devices, people are turning into amateur photographers. Just today, for example, I went hiking out in Hauula on Oahu's windward side. While I forgot my digi cam at home, I did have my cell phone. As such, I was able to click a few pics, including the one posted here.

You may not be aware of this, but there is a market for your digital camera pictures. One place that I reviewed is shutterstock.com. The deal with shutterstock.com is you submit pictures that you have taken. Shutterstock.com lists many dos and don'ts for picture submissions, including the fact that pics submitted must be at least 4.o megapixels, which eliminates all of my cell phone pics plus even the largest pic on my ancient 3.2 megapixel digi cam!

What is the compensation ($$)? You get 25 cents for every pic of yours that someone visiting the site sees and then downloads. Nope, not a lot of bucks but if you submit a bunch of pics over time, the chances of making some spare money is more likely.

Additionally, you can make some money from shutterstock.com by referring buyers to the company. According to shutterstock.com, if you refer friends and acquaintances to the site and they sign up, you'll get an incentive bonus. So, for example, if you clicked here, checked out the site, liked it, and signed up, I'd get a bonus.

I read one guy's review of shutterstock.com and he said he has submitted 200 pictures and takes in about $80 to $100 a month.

Other sites similar to shutterstock.com where you can make $$ for pictures you take are www.istockphoto.com and us.fotolia.com

No comments:

sitesell.com

For anyone considering creating a website for a work-at-home business, I found this video link while browsing the net. I signed up as an affiliate. Am considering whether to take the full plunge with this company. The results look impressive. Take a look and see what you think.